We had a fabulous time at our Andrea’s Beau girl’s special occasion and women’s shoot. A special thank you to Ezra Gregg photography and our beauty team: Ashlee Durante from Nival Salon and Spa and Kelly Unthank from Kelley Unthank Makeup.
Here are some behind the scenes photos, stay tuned for official photos coming soon to our site at www.andreasbeau.com.
Want to see Andrea’s Beau in person? Besides shopping on AndreasBeau.com, you can shop locally at a variety of our retailers. This month we are spotlighting a charming boutique in Montclair, New Jersey called Over the Moon.
The ideal place to find a very special baby gift, Over the Moon also caters to girls and tweens up to size 16 and boys to size 10. The best of European and American clothing is featured, along with an intriguing selection of unique and wonderful shoes, toys, books and cards. They also offer an elegant collection of christening wear, and dreamy flower girl, communion and special occasion wear.
Hours: Monday-Saturday / 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. / Closed on Sundays
Location: 619 Valley Rd Upper Montclair, NJ 07043
We’re always a season (or two) ahead when prepping our collection at Andrea’s Beau. We had so much fun with our gorgeous model, Roxy, and our hairstylist Indya Hicks from Nival Salon and Spa. Erin, our newest team member, had her first shoot with us and she did an amazing job coordinating the details. Here are a few behind-the-scenes photos. Our professional photos were taken by Ezra Gregg Photography.
With the new year, you can reinvent yourself and hope for the best year possible. We’ve complied a list of our favorite beauty resolutions. Which ones are you committing to?
Throw out your makeup sponge after every use (or at least once a week). You can buy a 32-pack of makeup sponges for less than a Starbucks coffee.
Wash your face every night before bed (or at least keep cleansing wipes on your nightstand).
Floss. Daily. Did you know that brushing alone only cleans about 65 percent of your teeth? That’s right, flossing daily will clean the other 35 percent your toothbrush misses.
Get rid of your mascara every six months—it’s a breeding ground for bacteria! If you notice a change in smell throw it out sooner.
Change your moisturizer to one that has an SPF. Already use one? Use a heavier moisturizer in the winter to protect your skin.
Looking to purchase Andrea’s Beau products for a special woman or girl on your list? Don’t forget to use our free shipping code valid until December 22nd!
- For a flattering look when wearing your headband, push it a few inches back from your head and then pull it forward so it pushes the front section of your hair up slightly.
- Try different brands and different styles of headbands to find the right one for you.
- Use thin, different colored headbands to create an interesting style.
- Headbands are great for keeping your hair out of your face and will stop you from touching your hair, which can make your hair greasy.
- If your hair is thin/fine then give petite headbands a try.
- For thicker hair, wider headbands are the go.
- A thick headband worn on your hairline will shorten an elongated face.
- Headbands are perfect for disguising greasy roots and taming kinks.
- If you’re trying to grow out your bangs then a headband is an excellent way to keep your hair out of your face until it gets to a decent length.
- If you’re having trouble trying to get your headband to stay in place then mist your hair with a little bit of hairspray before putting in your headband to get it to stay put.
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 medium-size red bell pepper, diced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Creole mustard
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Creole Sauce
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add bell pepper, onions, and garlic, and sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir together bell pepper mixture, chicken, and next 5 ingredients in a bowl. Shape chicken mixture into 8 (3 1/2-inch) patties.
- Fry 4 patties in 2 tablespoons hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Repeat procedure with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and patties. Serve immediately with Creole Sauce. Garnish, if desired.
Zac Posen and Eric Ripert may just be the most heartwarming duo we’ve seen, lately. Check out this video of the pair making sea urchin for Ripert’s “On The Table” series. (HuffPost)
When it comes to creating a stellar blog, half the battle is content. The other half? Making it look pretty. Check out these fonts that will really make your stories shine. (Makeup And Beauty Blog)
At this point, we’ve collected our fair share of Internet heroes (we’re looking at you, Grumpy Cat). Our current fave? The man who creates tiny, paper hats for his three-legged kitten, and then posts pictures of the results for the world to see. (Jezebel)
If you were unsuccessful in convincing your mother to purchase one of those bunk beds that doubled as a fort or princess castle, here are 15 ways you can transform your Ikea furniture into the childhood bed of your dreams. (BuzzFeed)
Kohl’s has announced its newest partnership with Peter Som, who will be the fourth designer in the retailer’s DesigNation collection. We’re really getting used to these affordable collaborations with luxe designers, guys. (Fort Mill Times)
Tired of your traditional Labor Day BBQ or Picnic? See below for a fun, modern twist on this holiday!
Throwback-to-Summer Tunes: Create a summer party playlist that feature your favorite songs from the season. Some suggestions include: “Get Lucky,” “Blurred Lines” and “We Can’t Stop.” Crowdsource your music by using a public playlist on Spotify that your guest can add music to!
Dance Off Party: Hold one-on-one dance off rounds to the tunes you love. This can be combined with the Throwback-to-Summer Tunes Party.
Need a new hair accessory to brighten your wardrobe? Get $15 off all orders of $50 and more with special code: “bowsforsale” at checkout. Shop now at Andrea’s Beau.